If you think that the typical pineapple and citrus or mango combinations are getting a bit too typical for Fresh Squeezed Juice Week, let me introduce you to a game-changer: Pineapple and Cucumber Juice.
I stumbled upon this unconventional combo during one of my experimental juicing sessions. The pineapple brings its natural sugary goodness to the mix, while the cucumber adds a subtle, cool twist that elevates the entire experience. The drink is also a powerhouse of nutrients. Pineapple brings vitamin C and manganese to the party, while cucumber keeps you hydrated with its high water content
What I love most about this concoction is its versatility. Feeling a bit zesty? Add a splash of lime or lemon for that extra kick. Want to mellow it down? Throw in a handful of mint leaves. The possibilities are endless.
So, if you’re in the mood to shake things up this Fresh Squeezed Juice Week, ditch the predictable pairings and dive into the world of Pineapple Cucumber Juice. Here’s how to make Pineapple and Cucumber Juice:
Pineapple and Cucumber Juice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice optional, for extra zing
- A handful of mint leaves optional, for freshness
- Ice cubes optional
- Water as needed
- In a blender, combine the pineapple chunks and cucumber slices.
- Add lime juice if you want to enhance the flavor and mint leaves for a refreshing touch.
- Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth consistency. If the mixture is too thick, you can add water in small increments until you reach your desired thickness.
- Strain the mixture using a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove pulp. However, keeping the pulp adds fiber and nutrients.
- Pour the juice into glasses over ice cubes if desired. Garnish with a slice of cucumber or a sprig of mint for an extra touch of elegance.
Pineapple and Cucumber Juice is a hydrating blend with potential digestive benefits, thanks to cucumber’s fiber and pineapple’s bromelain enzyme. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, low in calories, it may aid in detoxification, provide an energy boost, assist with constipation, and promote skin health.
For effective weight loss, my tip is to take this drink into your routine as a morning boost or pre-workout drink. You can also serve it between meals. It helps to control cravings and reduce overall calorie intake.