These days are really gloomy, but I don’t want to be stuck feeling down. That’s why I make myself a Golden Margarita – a special twist on the classic margarita. It’s like sunshine in a glass. Its vibrant amber color beams like a little sun, dispelling the chill and tireness and bringing a bit of joy.
When sipping the golden tequila mingles with the tangy lime and the sweet murmur of orange liqueur, my worries dissolve. So, if you feel like me these days, let the Golden Margarita make your days feel like a bit of summer magic with joy and happiness.
Here’s how to make the golden liquors – Gold Tequilla Margarita:
- 4 oz gold tequila e.g. Jose Cuervo or Reposado
- 2 oz triple sec
- 3 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz honey or agave syrup
- Ice cubes
- Salt for rimming optional
- Lime slices for garnish optional
- Moisten the rims of the glasses with a lime wedge, then dip them in salt for a classic touch. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the gold tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice, and honey/agave syrup.
- Add ice cubes to the shaker and shake the mixture vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
- Strain the margarita mixture into the prepared glasses over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices if desired.
From this golden cocktail recipe, you can make a Golden Cadillac Margarita by using 4 oz gold tequila, 2 oz Grand Marnier, 2 oz fresh lime juice, and 1 oz simple syrup.