I’ve always had a soft spot for carrots. Not only are they crunchy and delicious, but they’re also packed with nutrition. I’ve incorporated them into various dishes, making them the star of creations like Carrot Orange Juice or a heavenly Carrot Cake with a Zesty Orange Glaze. There’s just something magical about the combination of carrots and oranges—it’s like they were made for each other.
However, I found myself craving an extra burst of citrus flavor, so I added grapefruit to make the Carrot Ginger Smoothie with citrus flavor.
The process is as simple as tossing all the ingredients into the blender. Carrots offer their natural sweetness ginger adds a spicy kick, and citrus fruits deliver a punch of sourness.
To make things even more exciting, I sometimes throw in a handful of chia seeds or spinach for that extra nutritional boost. It’s become my go-to breakfast treat or a rejuvenating afternoon refresher. Trust me; it’s a sip of sunshine that’ll leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
Here is my Carrot Ginger Smoothie recipe with citrus flavor:
Carrot Ginger Smoothie with Citrus flavor
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds or a handful of spinach for an extra nutritional boost Optional
- In a blender, combine the chopped carrots and grated ginger.
- Add the freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice to the blender.
- Toss in the ice cubes for a refreshing chill.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, throw in chia seeds or spinach for added nutrition.
- Blend everything until smooth and creamy. If the consistency is too thick, you can add a bit of water or more citrus juice to reach your desired thickness.
If you don’t like the citrus flavor, you can add other fruits and veggies to suit your preferences, such as apples, beetroots, bananas, celery, mangoes, turmeric, kale, or pineapples.