So what better way to christen my kitchen than by baking an autumnal cake? I had a few apples just going past their best, demanding to be made use of. So I decided to make apple cinnamon cake loaf.
The recipe for apple cinnamon cake is quite simple to make. It’s just apples, cinnamon and sultanas, added to a basic sponge mix. Of course, it has plenty of butter and brown sugar, but the sweetness of the apple and the moistness of the sponge means that there’s no need for any extra stuff. It’s the kind of cake which just asks to be sliced and served with a cuppa.
Here is how to make apple cinnamon cake. Enjoy!
Healthy Apple cinnamon cake
- 175 g self raising flour gluten-free blend
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 smallish eating apples
- 40 g sultanas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 20 g chopped nuts to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a small loaf tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and milk, with a pinch of flour to prevent curdling.
- Peel the apples. Chop 2 of them into small chunks; slice the third thinly and set aside for decorating.
- Mix in the apple pieces and the sultanas.
- Fold in the flour and cinnamon.
- Spoon the batter into the tin.
- Sprinkle over the chopped nuts and place on the slices of apple.
- Bake for about 45 mins, or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, then slice and serve.
The harmonious blend of tender apples, aromatic cinnamon, and a touch of sweetness from brown sugar creates a comforting and indulgent treat. This cake not only delights the senses but also brings a nostalgic warmth to any occasion. Whether enjoyed as a dessert or a cozy snack, the apple and cinnamon cake is a wonderful way to savor the comforting essence of homemade baking. Hope you can nail it in the first time!