Upside Down Pineapple Martini recipe
The Upside Down Pineapple Martini is one-of-a-kind Martini type with the combination of sweet pineapple juice and tangy grenadine. Part of the charm of the Upside Down Pineapple Martini lies in its visual appeal.
The layered effect, with the vibrant red grenadine at the bottom and the golden pineapple mixture on top, is eye-catching and inviting. This visual effect of the Martini resembles an “upside-down” pineapple. That’s why the drink is called like that.
This Upside Down Pineapple cocktail pairs well with a variety of dishes, making it a versatile choice for different occasions. Some great options for pairing include seafood dishes, light salads, spicy Asian cuisine, or even desserts like pineapple upside-down cake or apple tarte tatin.
I knew about this Martini through Instagram, it’s all over my feed. So, I decided to go to a restaurant that specializes in craft cocktails to try it. The sweet and tangy pineapple flavor hit me right away, followed by a smooth and slightly tart note from the vodka. It was like a tropical vacation in a glass.
The experience of sipping on that Pineapple Upside Down drink was nothing short of fantastic. The combination of flavors danced on my palate. It was a drink that made me feel like I was treating myself to something truly special.
After that memorable evening, I knew I had to recreate the Upside Down Pineapple shot recipe at home. I found a recipe online with a little adjustment and got to work. Here’s how to make Pineapple Upside Down Martini:
Upside Down Pineapple Martini
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 ounce grenadine syrup
- Pineapple slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Chill your martini glasses in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- While the glasses are chilling, prepare the Martini mixture. In a cocktail shaker, combine the pineapple juice, vanilla vodka, amaretto liqueur, and a handful of ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds until the mixture is well-chilled.
- Remove the chilled Martini glasses from the freezer and drizzle 1/4 ounce (7.5 ml) of grenadine syrup into the bottom of each glass. The grenadine will settle at the bottom, creating a layered effect.
- Carefully strain the Martini mixture from the shaker into the prepared glasses, pouring it gently over the back of a spoon to prevent mixing with the grenadine layer.
- Garnish each Martini with a slice of pineapple and a maraschino cherry on a cocktail pick.
- Serve your Upside Down Pineapple Martini!
- You can adjust the amount of grenadine for a sweeter or less sweet martini.
- If you prefer a slightly less potent drink, you can adjust the vodka quantity to your liking.
- You should rim the martini glass with sugar before pouring in the cocktail for an added touch of sweetness and style.
pineapple upside down cake martini Variations
With the basic Upside Down Pineapple Martini recipe, you can make several variations. While the core ingredients usually include pineapple juice, vodka, amaretto, and grenadine, creativity knows no bounds in mixology. Here are a few variations you can try:
– Coconut Upside Down Pineapple Martini: Add a tropical twist by incorporating coconut-flavored rum or coconut cream, giving your martini a creamy, exotic flavor reminiscent of a piña colada.
– Spiced Kick: Introduce a hint of warmth by adding a dash of spiced rum or a cinnamon liqueur like Fireball. This variation offers a delightful contrast to the sweet and tangy pineapple.
– Frozen Upside Down Pineapple Martini: Blend the ingredients with ice to create a slushy, frozen version of this cocktail. It’s perfect for hot summer days and adds a refreshing dimension to the drink.
– Tequila Sunrise Martini: Swap vodka for tequila and orange liqueur for a tequila sunrise-inspired version. The grenadine creates a stunning sunrise effect in the glass.
– Pineapple Coconut Martini: Blend pineapple juice, coconut cream, vodka, and ice for a creamy and tropical pineapple coconut martini. It’s a luscious, beachy delight.
This was a drink that had made a lasting impression on me, and I think it will do the same to you. Hope you will enjoy it as I do, over and over again.