In this chilly weather, I always find myself craving something to warm me up. A healthy juice, like Hot Plum Juice, is perfect for the morning, but as the evening settles in, I yearn for something a bit more adult – an alcoholic drink to unwind.
Tonight, in particular, calls for a touch of spice, so my choice is the Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita. The combination of the zesty pineapple and the kick from the jalapeno creates the perfect blend to heat up this cold evening.
This spicy pineapple margarita has a complex flavor. The delightful sweetness of the pineapple harmonizes beautifully with the tart notes of the lime, and the salt rim accentuates these flavorful contrasts. The jalapeno introduces a distinctive and thrilling twist, imparting a refreshing warmth that complements the other flavors without overshadowing them.
Here’s the Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita recipe:
Pineapple jalapeno margarita
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 fresh jalapenos sliced
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup adjust to taste
- Ice cubes
- Salt for rimming glasses optional
- Pineapple slices and jalapeno slices for garnish
- Rim the glasses with salt. Run a lime wedge along the rim, then dip the rim into salt on a plate.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fresh pineapple chunks and jalapeno slices together until well combined and juicy.
- Add tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes, secure the lid, and shake the mixture for about 15-20 seconds to chill the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glasses over ice.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of fresh pineapple and a jalapeno slice for an extra kick.
- Sip and savor the unique blend of sweet pineapple with a hint of jalapeno spice. You can adjust the spice level and sweetness according to your preference.