Easy Chocolate Martini recipe
I absolutely love chocolate! I’ve whipped up all sorts of delicious desserts with chocolate over the years, from Chocolate Banoffee Pie, Chocolate Pots de Crème to Chocolate Truffles or Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies.
But recently, I had this craving for something a bit different, like chocolate and cocktails. I did a little research, and guess what I stumbled upon? The Chocolate Martini! It sounded like a dream come true, so I decided to make it my new culinary project at home.
I’m pretty excited about this whole venture. I mean, who can resist the idea of a chocolate martini, right? I can’t wait to indulge in the decadence. If you’re a chocolate lover like me, you’ve got to give this one a shot! Here is how to make Chocolate Martini:
Godiva Chocolate Martini
- 1 ½ ounces Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Crème de Cacao
- 1 ounce Vodka e.g. Bailey's
- 1 ounce Heavy Cream
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish
- Chocolate syrup optional, for rimming the glass
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place your glass it in the freezer for a few minutes or filling it with ice while you prepare the cocktail.
- If desired, you can rim the chilled martini glass with chocolate syrup. Simply pour a small amount of chocolate syrup onto a plate and gently dip the rim of the glass into the syrup, rotating it to coat the edge. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes to fill about halfway. Pour in the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Crème de Cacao, Vodka, and Heavy Cream.
- Secure the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake for about 10-15 seconds until the mixture is well-chilled and frothy.
- Remove the ice from the martini glass and strain the chocolate martini mixture into the chilled glass.
- Garnish your Godiva Chocolate Martini with chocolate shavings or a light dusting of cocoa powder on top.
- For an added touch, you can skewer a maraschino cherry and place it on the rim of the glass or drop it into the martini.
Chocolate Martini variations
You can adjust this recipe to suit your taste by adding or changing other ingredients like hazelnut liqueur (Chocolate Hazelnut Martini) or a small slice of chili pepper (Spicy version). Here are some ideas you can try:
- White Chocolate Martini: Instead of regular chocolate liqueur, you can use white chocolate liqueur to create a lighter and sweeter variation.
- Mocha Martini: Add a shot of freshly brewed espresso or coffee to your Godiva Chocolate Martini for a delightful coffee-chocolate fusion.
- Peppermint Chocolate Martini: Incorporate a splash of peppermint schnapps for a cool and minty twist on the classic.
- Frozen variation: For this version, blend all the ingredients with ice to create a frozen version of this cocktail, similar to a chocolate milkshake.
- Chocolate Orange Martini: This version infuses the classic with a zesty twist by combining vodka, chocolate liqueur, orange liqueur, and a hint of orange zest, resulting in a citrusy and chocolatey fusion.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini: To make this cocktail, you can combine caramel vodka, chocolate liqueur, and a pinch of sea salt.
You can create fruity versions of this martini by adding fresh strawberry/raspberry/banana puree or a hint of banana liqueur to the recipe. These drinks will open up new dimensions of taste, adding a burst of freshness and exoticism to the classic cocktail.
- Hot Chocolate Martini: A warm and comforting twist on the traditional cold martini, the hot version brings together the familiar coziness of hot cocoa with the sophistication of a cocktail. Typically made with vodka, chocolate liqueur, and a splash of hot chocolate, this variation is perfect for sipping by the fireplace on a chilly evening.
- Double Chocolate Martini: With a combination of rich chocolate vodka and decadent chocolate liqueur, this martini is a velvety, dessert-like delight that caters to the most intense chocolate cravings.
- Vegan version: From chocolate-flavored spirits to non-dairy cream options, this variation ensures a guilt-free and delicious experience without compromising on the luscious chocolate flavor.