Easy Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe
The peanut butter and chocolate dream team – it’s like they were meant to be together, in my opinion. Take peanut butter cups, for instance. The way that smooth peanut butter cozies up to that rich chocolate shell is nothing short of a match made in snack heaven.
So, I’m sitting there, thinking, how can I take this duo to the next level? And then it hits me – peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I mean, come on! You’ve got the chewy goodness of cookies, the creamy vibe of peanut butter, and those little bursts of chocolatey joy from the chips.
It’s not just a dessert or a snack; it’s a flavor explosion that makes your taste buds do a happy dance. The peanut butter brings this nutty, savory note, and the chocolate just dives in with its sweet, decadent charm.
So, if you’re ever in need of a snack that’s a one-way ticket to bliss, go for the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. You’ll wonder why you didn’t discover this flavor party sooner. Here is how to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies:
Flourless Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Using a fork, create a crisscross pattern on the top of each cookie by gently pressing it down.
- Bake each batch in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies variations
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are already a delight, but you can give your delicious peanut butter chocolate chip biscuits more flavor with other creative ingredients.
- Chunky Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: You can add mashed ripe bananas to cookie dough. The natural sweetness and fruity flavor will complement the richness of peanut butter. Toss in some chopped walnuts for a crunchy texture and, of course, plenty of chocolate chips.
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: For a heartier texture, mix oats into the dough. The oats add a chewiness that pairs well with the creamy peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies: By mixing in white chocolate chips along with regular chocolate chips, you can have a triple chocolate experience.
- Keto version: For a sugar-free version, you can replace traditional sugar with a natural sweetener like erythritol or stevia. Use the sugar-free peanut butter and dark chocolate chips.
You can also add crushed pretzels, a pinch of cayenne pepper, or toasted coconut flakes to the cookie dough for a amazing twist on the classic combo. You can also drizzle salted caramel over the cooled cookies to elevate the flavor profile with a perfect balance of sweet and salty.