After days of indulging in the festive extravaganzas—Christmas feasts, gatherings with friends, office parties, and family celebrations—my body is craving a reset. Now I need something lighter, healthier, and easier to digest. All I can think about is salad and soup.
I have kale in my fridge, so I think I’m gonna have the Kale Quinoa Salad. Crunchy quinoa is high-protein while kale is rich in vitamins and minerals. After all the heavy stuff from countless soirées, this crispy quinoa salad is my balance.
I will pair this quinoa and kale salad with my favorite Spiced Pumpkin Soup. The contrastion of the warmth and comforting richness of the soup with the lightness and crunch of the quinoa kale salad always satisfies me.
So, if you’re looking for a lighter, healthier choice that doesn’t skimp on satisfaction, here is how to make the Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing:
Kale and quinoa Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing
for the Quinoa and Kale Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped kale stems removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
For the Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa under cold water.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped kale, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and fresh parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the bowl of vegetables and pour the Lemon-Tahini Dressing over the salad.
- Toss everything together until well combined, ensuring the dressing coats the ingredients evenly.
- Allow the salad to sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve chilled or at room temperature.