Affogato has always been a dessert favorite, but discovering its spirit version, the Affogato Martini, took my indulgence to new heights. The bitterness of the coffee, the warmth of the alcohol, and the cold, creamy ice cream create a symphony of flavors that’s both indulgent and exhilarating.
Easy Affogato Martini recipe
It’s become a go-to treat for those evenings when I want to elevate my dessert game and add a dash of adult flair. There’s something undeniably charming about sipping on an Affogato Espresso Martini, letting the caffeine and spirits weave their magic as I enjoy the perfect blend of Affogato with alcohol.
The Espresso Martini Affogato recipe is quite similar to that of the Affogato dessert. I just need to add some liqueur to it. Here’s how to make the Italian Espresso Martini:
Affogato Martini – Espresso Martini with ice cream
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 ounce 30 ml coffee liqueur like Kahlúa
- 1 ½ ounces 45 ml vodka
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Brew a shot of espresso. If you don't have a coffee maker machine, you can use instant espresso powder
- In a shaker, combine the hot espresso, coffee liqueur, and vodka. Shake well to chill the mixture.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a serving glass.
- Pour the shaken espresso martini over the ice cream.
Affogato Cocktail variations
Besides this basic and simple Affogato Martini recipe, you can create your own variations to make the drink more flavorful. Here are some ideas:
– You can add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings, candied hazelnuts, or caramel sauce on top of the vanilla ice cream before pouring the espresso martini.
– Instead of using regular coffee liqueur, you can use Irish cream liqueur to bring your affogato alcohol a creamy and rich flavor.
– Add a splash of coconut milk or coconut cream to the espresso ice cream drink for a tropical flair.
– Infuse the ice cream martini with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm and spicy undertone.