Did you know that this week is the National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week in the US? It’s the perfect time to celebrate the goodness of fresh, vibrant juices, and I can’t wait to dive into some delicious recipes.
Freshly squeezed juice offers a plethora of benefits, such as essential vitamins and minerals, live enzymes, fiber, and no preservatives. I’m starting my celebration with Blood Orange Juice.
This drink never fails to captivate my senses. Unlike traditional orange juice, the flavor of blood orange is more complex and robust. There’s a delightful balance of sweetness and tartness that dances on the palate, creating a symphony of sensations. Moreover, the Blood Orange Juice comes with lots of benefits.
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this vibrant drink supports collagen production, promotes heart health, boosts the immune system, and aids in digestion and anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, the juice is good for individuals with high blood pressure. It helps reduce inflammation and improve blood vessel function, potentially leading to better blood pressure control.
Easy Blood Orange Fruit Juice Recipe
- 4-5 fresh blood oranges
- 1-2 tbsp honey or agave syrup adjust to taste
- Ice cubes optional
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish optional
- Roll the blood oranges on a countertop to help release the juices.
- Cut the oranges in half and juice them using a citrus juicer or a handheld reamer. Remove any seeds.
- Pour the freshly squeezed blood orange juice into a pitcher. Add honey or agave syrup, starting with 1 tablespoon, and adjust to your desired level of sweetness. Stir well to dissolve.
- Serve the blood orange juice over ice cubes if desired. Garnish the glasses with fresh mint leaves for an extra burst of freshness.
Based on this basic recipe, you can create other versions of this drink by adding the ingredients:
- Sparkling Blood Orange Juice: sparkling water for a fizzy and refreshing twist.
- Blood Orange Cranberry Juice: 1/2 cup cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- Spiced Blood Orange Juice: 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Blood Orange Spritzer: 1 cup sparkling water and 2 ounces clear spirit (vodka or gin)
- Blood Orange Martini